Heather Dewey-Hagborg’s Research and Interests
“In terms of key debates, my main interest right now is biopolitics. In particular thinking about modes of visibility, legibility, knowability. Who is made known under current conditions, who is analyzed, quantified, what is 'known' about them and how is it used? What are the power dynamics at play in making certain bodies visible, or even commodifiable."
- Main website http://deweyhagborg.com
- “I steal DNA from strangers” TEDxVienna http://tedxtalks.ted.com/video/I-Steal-DNA-from-Strangers-%7C-He
- Sci-Fi Crime Drama with a Strong Black Lead http://thenewinquiry.com/sci-fi-crime-drama-with-a-strong-black-lead/
- DNA Portrait Video https://vimeo.com/67763977
- Biohacking – Science for the People interview http://www.scienceforthepeople.ca/episodes/biohacking
- DIYSECT (Episode #4: Genocracy) diysect.com